Monday, February 20, 2012

Amazing Find, One of My Favorite Cards!

Hey guys, I'm back, with an awesome find to tell you guys about.  It turns out my father was a card collector in his time, so with me getting into the hobby more and more, he showed me some of his stuff.  In fact, he was awesome enough to give me one of these cards.
A 1975 signed Thurman Munson card!!! I love Thurman, and one of my biggest regrets of not being born earlier, is not being able to watch the Yankee Captain play.  For us Yankee fans, we mainly remember the tragic way that Munson died.  And while everyone does mourn for Munson, and rightfully so, some of his talent is covered up because of how this great guy was lost at such a young age.  As a catcher, Munson had 5 seasons with at least a .300 average, not to mention the 2 or 3 when he hit .297 or .288.  He had 131 career home runs, and a .292 career batting average!  It also goes with out saying, the great defensive catcher he was.  Just hearing stories from the YES Network, or his "Yankeeography" I can say I've never heard anything bad spoken about Thurman, and he seems like a great guy, a good teammate, and a great baseball player.  It is extremely sad to have lost this player at such a young age.

I now have decided that I will collect any Munson cards, so hit me up if you have any cards that you want to trade.  My email is on the sidebar.

I also bought about 4 packs of 2012 Topps cards yesrterday, so I should have a post up about that later today, or late tomorrow.

See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Munson was awesome. Ask Drew about the Munson relic that I pulled.....

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think, and hit me up if you wanna work out a deal, or work out a blog notice!