Tuesday, February 21, 2012

First Packs of the 2012 Season

Hey guys! I'm back with some nice, new 2012 Topps cards to show you.  I picked up one of the double jumbo packs (36 cards total) and 2 single packs of 2012 Topps over the weekend.  Here are some of the highlights:
I got 2 golden moments in the pack, a McCovey and a Halladay.  I like the golden moments and they look pretty good.  I also got a Mays golden standard, and Derek Jeter classic walk offs, the homer that dubbed him the nickname "Mr. November".
The next card is a mini Topps Heritage? (I'm not really sure what they are officially called) but I like how Topps did it this year.  Last year I loved the Topps Heritage, and I like how this year they are inserts, which makes them more special when you get them.  "The Grandy Man" had a huge, breakout year for the Yanks (41 Homers, and a .916 OPS!!!)
The next are some highlights of 2012 cards.  These are mainly the younger "Studs" I pulled with Hamels, Greinke, and Romaine, a Yankee Prospect I really like are some of the bigger young names, with Trumbo, Alvarez, and Fowler the other potiential stars.
The next are the already big name guys, with Delmon Young making the cut, as a guy who I've always respected/liked.  Also, the Koufax and Ryan insert cards which I think are pretty cool.  I also like the electricity The Beard brings to the game, and Pence/Beltre being established hitters in the MLB.
Thanks for reading guys!!
Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, and hit me up if you wanna work out a deal, or work out a blog notice!